The best sitcoms ever to air on television include some of the greatest comedies in television history. What are the best sitcoms of all time? A sitcom (or situational comedy) is loosely defined as "a humorous television program based on situations that could arise in everyday life," though not all sitcoms are slice-of-life - even if Parks & Recreation or The Addams Family would be a nice daily life to have.
This list includes the best and most funny all-time sitcoms and funny TV shows as ranked by TV fans. Anyone can vote on this list of funny sitcoms, making it a definitive representation of the Ranker community's sitcom tastes. Many people think that Friends is the best sitcom ever, while others would nominate Seinfeld, family sitcoms like Family Matters as the best TV comedies, or point to I Love Lucy as the best sitcom. Many sitcoms have top-notch acting talent, from regular casts to guest stars.
What are the greatest sitcoms ever? You can decide for yourself what fits that term and rank as you see fit, adding what you see missing! Vote them up on this popular sitcoms list to determine the best sitcoms that have ever aired on television.
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow53,605 votes
- Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski36,760 votes
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander39,357 votes
- Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders36,563 votes
- Ed O'Neill, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell22,825 votes
- Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman17,554 votes