These are the best NBC '80s shows ranked by user votes. The 1980s was a great time for NBC television programs. Really, it was just a great time for TV in general, particularly the sitcom. While some of the best 1980s NBC series were dramas the other good NBC '80s shows were comedies. Greatness knew no genre. Many of the greatest 1980s NBC TV shows are still popular to this day with syndicated reruns.
What shows appear near the top of this list of the best NBC '80s shows? Cheers was a hit for the network as soon as it premiered in 1982. Part of its success was thanks to a talented cast including Ted Danson, Shelley Long and Woody Harrelson. Family Ties is another good show that aired on NBC in the 1980s, as is the out-of-this-world comedy Alf.
The gritty and realistic NBC '80s show St. Elsewhere used the setting of a working hospital to add drama into the plot. Other great series that appear on this top 1980s NBC shows list include Hill Street Blues, The Facts of Life and Misfits of Science.
What are the best NBC '80s shows? Did the shows you think were the best make this list? Vote up the 1980s NBC shows you think are the best of the decade and see where the NBC shows of the '80s you loved to watch rank.
- Ted Danson, Rhea Perlman, George Wendt168 votes
- Michael J. Fox, Meredith Baxter, Michael Gross146 votes
- Harry Anderson, John Larroquette, Richard Moll144 votes
- Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan, Betty White157 votes
- Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields133 votes
- Don Johnson, Philip Michael Thomas, Edward James Olmos134 votes