In the mood to catch up some great shows? These are the best '90s Black TV shows, ranked from best to worst by user votes. From some good 1990s African American TV series that are now legendary comedies, to others that were groundbreaking dramas. This list of the best Black TV shows of the 1990s includes the top '90s Black sitcoms to shows that featured live performance, music, and interviews.
What shows appear on this list of the best 1990s Black TV shows? Of course, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is featured. This great '90s African American sitcom propelled its lead actor, Will Smith, into superstardom. The Chris Rock Show was another popular Black TV series that aired in the 1990s.
From 1990-1994, In Living Color had viewers laughing with a new take on sketch comedy thanks in part to the hilarious humor of The Wayans brothers. Other good shows that appear on this top 1990s Black TV show list include Moesha, Martin and Living Single.
Which great 90s Black TV series is the best? Vote for your favorites!
What are television's best Black '90s shows? Vote up the 1990s shows that center both Black stories and Black characters that were the best of the decade and see where the Black shows of the '90s you loved to watch rank.
- Martin Lawrence, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Tichina Arnold160 votes
- Queen Latifah, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander117 votes
- Will Smith, James Avery, Daphne Maxwell-Reid153 votes
- Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad, Malcolm-Jamal Warner106 votes
- Lisa Bonet, Kadeem Hardison, Jasmine Guy108 votes
- Keenen Ivory Wayans, Jim Carrey, Kelly Coffield Park94 votes