The best dramas of all time are the ones that make you feel connected to characters you will never meet in real life to the point where you obsess about their exploits as much as your own. Thanks to their gripping storylines the best TV dramas rank high among the best TV shows of recent memory with many touting characters on the list of best TV characters ever.
Many of these greatest TV drama series, like Lost and The Sopranos, have already come to a close (earning them places on the list of the best TV series finales), while others like Mad Men and Breaking Bad are on the verge of closing up TV shop and leaving us to inevitably wonder about the lives of the surviving characters and what could have happened with the characters that get killed off (I've got even odds on Walter White buying a ticket to the meth lab in the sky in the Breaking Bad finale). Medical TV shows, crime shows, and more grace this list of excellent TV dramas.
What is the best drama series in TV history? Tough question to answer considering many of the best TV series are dramas (and a lot of them are good!) Use this list of the greatest drama TV shows ever to cast your vote for the top drama series so other real people can get caught up in the fictional lives of your favorite TV drama characters.
- Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn10,308 votes
- James Gandolfini, Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falco7,492 votes
- #432 needs votesBrie Larson, Lewis Pullman, Aja Naomi King7 votes
- Dominic West, John Doman, Frankie R. Faison5,901 votes
- Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Michael Mando3,062 votes
- Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston, Rick Gomez3,715 votes
- Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey8,599 votes